John B. Dougherty, Esq. brings a longstanding commitment to efficient and effective client representation that promotes justice. He integrates that style with over 30 years of litigation experience to provide quality legal services. During the first six years of his career, Mr. Dougherty worked as an associate for a prominent Denver law firm where his focus was commercial litigation which included extensive discovery, deposition, hearings and trial work.
- Recently obtained a nearly $1,000,000 judgment in Probate Court against private parties committing fraud against a probate trust and estate.
- Served as co-counsel on two high-profile wrongful death and personal injury cases settling for confidential amounts in excess of seven figures.
- Defended property owner against city municipal land use and rezoning issues resulting in case dismissal.
- Vast experience in preparation of pleadings, discovery, depositions, disclosures and all phases of trial preparation with over 300 court hearings and 25 trials longer than one day to bench.
- Successfully defended client in having disability insurance reinstated.
- Extensive experience in replevins, attachments, CRCP 69 proceedings, fraudulent transfers, garnishments and other areas of business and consumer collections.
- Represented a variety of clients in personal injury cases including slip and fall, automobile and motorcycle collisions.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in various types of negotiations.
- Settled over 35 personal injury matters in excess of $100,000.
- Successfully represented clients in prosecuting and defending civil protection orders.
- Obtained six-figure post-decree judgment for spouse for enforcement of Separation Agreement.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of DUI charges in criminal case.